Friday, January 1, 2010

Adieu 2009.. Bonjour 2010 !

It’s once in a blue moon that we have a function organized in my building and perfectly true to the word we welcomed the New Year with the “blue moon”. In 20 years for the first time we had a get together for New Year’s at my building.

This New Year and New Year’s Eve was quite different for lot of reasons. First of all it was a “once in a blue moon” New Year and in addition we also had a lunar eclipse. As for all mallus – it was “Thiruvathira” on 31st December, 2009. Basically it’s the mallu version of “Karva Chauth”; but with some difference. All girls can (preferable should) take a fast – no matter you are married, engaged, likely to be engaged, committed or plain and simple ‘single’.

In spite of all this we had a lovely party organized in my building. True to nature of ‘IT professionals’, I made sure that I delegated all the work to everyone and made sure the project “Celebration 2010” as going on fine. Thanks to Mayuri and rest of the group things were pretty good. Before you people can think I didn’t do anything; let me clarify – I pitched in big time to meet the deadline J. We had loads of “last minute” work and most importantly at the end of the day everyone had a lot of fun.

We rung in the New Year in style with - cake, snow spray and loads of blessing and wishes from family and friends.

These are the times that we miss the important people closed to our hearts. More often than never, we realize it’s not possible to be with everyone we would love to spend times like these. It’s all about being practical; but yeah blessing and best wishes are always there J

So here are my wishes for a Happy, Prosperous and Blessed New year to all my family, loved ones and dearest friends. May God fulfill all your dreams and give only the best for each one of you.

Love,

Lakshmi

2 comments:

  1. Hey Laksh..
    Happy new year to you too!! we guys had a rooftop dinner here and it was aweosme to see the fireworks lighting up the sky at midnight!:)
    Missed you here!
    Nice to know u had a fine party..
    Once again, have a great year..
    Love ya
    Paru

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this reminds me of my days in Bombay...
    (it was Bombay then and Mumbai now...for me it will always be Bombay !! ) Our building had a nice garden, play area and badminton court. We used to have a stage and every child in the building had to do a performance. It used to be sports during the day, cultural programmes in the evening and awesome dinner at night..

    ReplyDelete