Monday, January 25, 2010

Its once is a life time after all!

Last week was my sister’s Paru engagement. The cute and happy couple are just perfect. Congratulation and God bless the couple. Well it does help that the guy is “Piscean” and I am sure Paru would agree on how sensitive and caring a Piscean can be; Anoop would agree even more anyway J

The other day we were talking about wedding at work and believe me now-a-days I am getting a whole lot of inputs. Everyone was talking about how they have spent all that they have saved for these 3/4 years on their respective weddings!


All of a sudden the entire world seems to be either getting married, engaged and have just gotten married / engagement! I had a lot of guys come up and talking about how expensive the whole affair is. Apparently this conversation is frequent almost everywhere.


Of course there was the much expected north-south comparison. No offense and let me be honest that I love north Indian weddings but I can’t picture myself spending 60k on one lehenga. I had all the “north” Indian friends coming up n saying ‘that’s kinda the usual price now-a-days’. On the other hand, we "mal" girls have the whole gold store around our necks but hey at least its an appreciating asset (even though all that gold rarely comes out of the bank lockers J. I used to tell my friend that one of the reasons' he should get married to a mal is cause the gold store profit!)

Either way its just an expensive affair and there is no way out of it.. but yeah as everyone says its after all once in a life time and the most memorable day – i guess its worth it. So all the best Paru n Anoop…or rather should I say happy spending sweethearts J

1 comment:

  1. Gee thanks Laksh :)
    BTW i hear u get to rent out lehengas these days for cheaper prices. So ppl dont go for actually purchasing it. it works i'd say cos u just wear it for say like an hour or two and then u wont eever touch it. so renting is great :)

    ReplyDelete