Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Initial adventures


When I first told everyone that I was to move-in to IIT my aunt warned me that there was a certain “Anil” – the squirrel staying in the kitchen but no one had seen it yet (so that was indeed relieving). I reached on Sunday at around 9.30 in the morning. Paru came to pick me up from the airport and from that time onwards itself she had given me the entire day’s schedule. We decided to first hit the grocery shop. Finally with all the essentials purchased we were all set to start cooking; there started my first adventure – I enter the kitchen to find a lizard with size of an iguana running all around the kitchen n I ran (maybe even faster than usain bolt :) ) out of the kitchen. Somehow with Paru in the front we started cooking.

Monday – 20th July 2009
Paru leaves for work @ 6.40 in the morn... being the elder one I thought of making lunch for her and me. When we entered the kitchen leave apart the fact that the iguana lizard was still lurking around; we could hear a lot of squeaking sounds. This confirmed that “Anil” is definitely living there (though I had a doubt why my sis is calling it “anil” n not “anila” tending to her kids.. later on she tells me that “anil” means squirrel in Tamil ;-) ).. after about 5 mins we saw a squirrel coming in through the ventilator and running on the wall. Boy all I could think of was where do I run to!!! It’s either the iguana lizard or the squirrel... both bad options. In short all plans to cook were cancelled. I had no plans to even enter the kitchen. The first day @ office was nice - when I think about it first days are always awesome. Nevertheless in the evening Nishchechi came to pick me up. Went home and there were my two lil cutey pies. Vamma and NishChechi decided to come over to IIT to solve the "Anil" problem and after giving the 2 darling a bath we came to IIT. Back @ IIT, the maid got down the squirrel's nest and put it outside in the balcony. When we all saw how small the lil squirrel kids were we didnt have the heart to put them out in the open so guess what was done...they were put back on the loft! Finally we decided that the maid would get it to some safe place tomorrow.. Well tomorrow may be another adventure.......lets wait and watch!

2 comments:

  1. hey Laksh,
    Great to have u around here.
    But i'm jus sad abt one thing. you scared all my little animals away.. we were co existing so well until u came ...hmphhhh.. you better get back all my squirrels, lizards and bugs before u leave from this place...grrrr
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darna nahi Paru ( tried in Sholay Style :P) - Chintu and me will b der soon to help u hunt for all your pets & maybe find some new ones :D

    ReplyDelete