Saturday, April 24, 2010

It was CSK all the way!

Well yeah me too into the “IPL” mood! Honestly I am not into the game at all, but this time; watching the semi-finals was the ‘team-event’. Therefore, I decided to go for the match.

So here I was heading for my first “stadium” experience – surprisingly for cricket. For those who know me well will know the my reasons for the emphasis on cricket J

Most of my friends and colleagues were supporting CSK (well their main reason was Dhoni) I decided to join them and support CSK. We even went “yellow” t-shirt shopping for the occasion (yeah – good excuse to buy a new t-shirt). We reached the DY Patil stadium at around 6 P.M. I got myself a CSK flag, cap, a ZooZoo cap, a whistle, devil horns (not that I need those J) and some yellow paint tattoo!

The match wasn’t that exciting or ‘close’ as such. After the first half it looked like CSK was going to lose; they had made a total of 142 runs – an easy and achievable target for the “well in-form” DC team. However, CSK defended their score brilliantly and the Deccan Chargers were all out for just 104 runs in 19 overs. (As for the finals on Sunday - I am torn between MI and CSK. Hmmm.. I think I am better off going back to be "least bothered" about who wins!!!)

My friends and I were dancing, screaming, waving flags and most importantly enjoying ourselves all through the match. Basically its always nice when the team you are supporting wins and anyway– nan whistle potu than enjoy paniaachJ

4 comments:

  1. I never thought that I'd ever see a cricket match report from you of all people! I'm jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) well yeah .. it was a shock to me too!
    But CSK played really well.. n yeah I will keep the flag for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)ur bro would have loved to watch the live match and m sure you know who he was supporting ...

    ReplyDelete